Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

bits of my childhood {pt.1}

a couple of weeks ago i was looking for something in our "closet of death,"
(our one crazy jam-packed closet that required constant reorganizing)
and pulled out the big red box that holds an edited down collection of special toys/notes/pictures/awards/random stuff from my childhood.

during the weeks between graduation & my wedding,
i helped my mom clean out & pack up our home of 20+ years.
i tried my hardest to fit into one box all the things i absolutely could not toss out,
and simply hold on to the memories associated with everything else.

the light was really nice that day, so i thought it would be fun to snap a few photos of the different things that made it into the box.

what better way to start of this 'series' with some of
my most favorite {tiny} treasures:



how can these little tiny treasures not steal your heart?
i've always made a point not to buy this stuff,
as i'm afraid it would open the floodgates to a wallet draining addiction,
but here is my small collection of tiny things
that will someday decorate the dollhouse i will hopefully build
for a daughter ross & i will hopefully have
{in the way, way distant future!}

p.s. the lamp really lights up- how cool is that?
kinda cool, right?

1 comment:

Mrs. Frazier said...

I have a box of all my lttle things too... o man, I love looking through that stuff. Sooo cute Katie... love the post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails