Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

vagabonding {pt.2}

true to my aspirations, i finished my first book of the summer this past week. one major way God communicates to me is through books...not so much morning devotionals or books designed to facilitate a bible study (although it does happen to be sure), but more through books given to me by a friend, found in a bookstore on a quiet afternoon, or assigned for class.

my highshcool small group leader once mentioned that she believes that when God wants you to read the book, you will. this explains why sometimes you try to start a book for months and get no where, yet when you do, there can be a single line that changes your life. i fully believe this as well and have experienced God's timing through the books friends give me or recommend, that i find in bookstores on a quiet afternoon, or even are assigned in class.

the alchemist resonates with my soul in a powerful, almost frightening way, as i'm sure it does with most people who have the pleasure of spending time with it. in this book, paulo coelhoe's characters learn what it means to find your calling, pursue it and endure life's trials, listen to your heart, and value love. at one point in the story, the alchemist claims that:

"People are afraid to pursue their most important dreams, because they feel they don't deserve them, or that they'll be unable to achieve them."

i am guilty of this fear. i don't even have a dream job i'm literally afriad to dream big, because my fear of falure trumps even the spark of a dream.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails